What we came up with is the Electric Zeppelin Racing League.
The goal is to have (small) people compete in electric zeppelin races - electric powered vehicles that fly across the room suspended by a wire.
The inspiration for this project is the BSA's Space Derby and the Power Racing Series. We wanted higher speed, longer distances, so electric powered zeppelins were born!
- <$20 retail price for the kits
- No soldering
- Target age: 6-12 years old
- Can be assembled in an hour
Included in the current kits are:
- 3.7V Motor
- propeller (color varies)
- 2xAA battery holder with switch
- One LED (color varies: red, blue, green, yellow, white)
- Three plastic cable ties
- Two paper clips
- 6" x 6" Coroplast sheet
- Three flier templates (templates vary: zeppelin, pony, dragon, car, butterfly, bird)
- Instruction sheet
- Ten kits (contents listed above)
- One reel of 100 yards of 12lb test fishing line
- Teacher's resource sheet
We are currently beta-testing the kits with Girls Inc. and GeekBus.
Pre-order single kits and classroom packs (shipping at the end of July):
Single Kit ($14.99 - free shipping to the USA, $19.99 free shipping worldwide)
Classroom 10-Pack ($119.99 - free shipping to the USA, $129.99 free shipping worldwide)