Announcement:New service: 3D printed replacement chair feet: bring me your broken or missing chair feet!
If you have a chair that needs replacement feet, drop me a line, perhaps I can help you keep your chair out of the landfill.
Background:For the past two years, I have made and sold 3D printed replacement feet for the IKEA Gilbert chair. It has been a fun side project that allows me to prevent broken chairs from going into the trash heap.
Discussion:I was recently contacted by a lovely person named Joy who saw that I sold chair feet for the IKEA Gilbert chair, and wondered if I could make replacement feet for her chairs, too?
My answer was yes, if your chair feet are easily 3D printable.
Which made me realize that perhaps I should actively look for additional chair feet that can be 3D printed, to expand my offerings.
So, if you have a chair with missing feet and I don't already make those chair feet, let me see if I can help!
Just like I did with the IKEA Gilbert chair feet, I'll both release the files so anyone with a 3D printer can make their own, and I'll sell feet so people who don't have access to a 3D printer can keep their chairs from becoming landfill.
Details of the deal:
- You contact me here.
- I'll get back to you via email and ask you to send me photos of your chair's feet, and some rough dimensions.
- If I think they'll work, I'll ask you to ship me one of your chair feet (or more, if your chair feet aren't all the same for some reason).
- After a week or so, I'll return your chair foot, plus the 3D printed feet you need (for free).
- I'll then post the files online (with the creative commons attribution, non commercial license) so anyone can make their own chair feet.
- I'll sell the feet on the replacementfeet.simpleswitchlabs.com website.